December 21st, 2012
|12:01 am - 12.21.2012: Mayan for "The End of the World"|
It's the completion of one cycle in the Mayan calendar.
If you want a permanent post to stay on top of your other updates, you post it into the far future.
We'll see what happens when that day finally arrives.
About this place and myself:
For first time visitors, old friends, and anyone who's curious - ( click hereCollapse )
I may change this from time to time. Check the brackets for updates, if any.
[Original post, "On Journaling": July 28th, 2007]
Current Location: subletting the summer in Berkeley
Current Mood: contemplative
Current Music: Utada Hikaru - First Love
March 27th, 2009
|08:56 am - The Arrival|
( Gomen, I forgot to cross-post xDCollapse )
Current Location: Kyoto, Japan!
Current Mood: cold and tired
Current Music: KAT-TUN Cartoon, lol
March 23rd, 2009
|03:57 pm - Japan! So close yet so far....|
So if you didn't know already, I'm studying abroad in Kyoto, Japan this spring semester. I made a new LJ that's family/family friends/boss/acquaintance friendly so it's easier for me to keep them updated. It's the blog from which I'm now importing into Facebook if you're my friend there (it used to be from this LJ).
For your convenience, I'll be cross-posting to this LJ starting...from now on!
For the past few entries, go to:
And for my Flickr account, go to:
I'm not in Japan yet, but maybe tomorrow (or technically the day after) I will be!
Lucky you, the exciting actually-in-Japan entries will be fully posted here soon!
Current Location: USC
Current Mood: busy
Current Music: Sakura Kiss - Ouran High School Host Club OP Theme
March 12th, 2009
|09:57 pm - WTF My Userpic???|
This is really disconcerting. The LJ avatar that I've been using for the past 6 or so years is COMPLETELY different!!!! Did someone sneak into my LJ or Photobucket and change my image??? Where is Ohno????
Current Mood: rather parnoidly annoyed
February 22nd, 2009
|04:40 pm - High School Meme|
Because I was tagged. Although seems kinda pointless since a lot of my answers will be similar to others. I tried to add more information here and there.
( IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR DID YOU...Collapse )
Current Location: Locked up in my sister's room
Current Mood: natsukashii
Current Music: Touch by Younha
|04:08 pm - 9 More Things to Make 25 Unknowns|
So, I've been tagged in that "25 Things You Didn't Know About Me" by several people. I enjoyed reading about other people, so I hope if anyone reads this they'll feel the same. I've already done a 16-Things Note that you can find on my Facebook or here on my LJ. I'll add 9 more.
17. I dislike driving. I say “dislike” in that I’ll drive if I have to, but I’d rather have someone else do it or take public transportation. I equate ANY amount of driving (including parking) to the same amount of tedium needed to ride on public buses for 4+ hours or carrying metal rods and chains on BART (both of which I’ve done). Driving stresses me out and I’m usually not in a good mood when I arrive at my destination, especially when I’m with my mother.
18. In connection to above, I spent 6+ hours on BART one day, lugging 10 lbs.+ metal rods and chains all around the Bay Area. Literally.
Berkeley → Dublin/Pleasanton
Dublin/Pleasanton → San Francisco (during rush hour) → Richmond → Berkeley
19. I failed at making rice porridge for myself when I was sick. Twice. On the same batch. Even though I added more water it still turned out like mushy rice clumps. It was my first time, ok?
20. I don’t like the feeling of sweaty socks when I take off my shoes, so I will almost always take off my socks too.
21. I have over 200 DVDs and CDs burned with miscellaneous material. I like to hoard things, obviously. Even if I had an external hard drive, it probably wouldn’t be enough.
22. I hate wasting food. I recently ate week-old leftovers because I didn’t want to throw them away… even though all the taste had disappeared. Likewise, if I see a lot of food I will feel compelled to eat everything, or at least a little bit of everything. I think this comes from growing up with a kitchen that was either stocked one day or empty the next, thus producing a squirrel-like opportunistic tendency.
23. I have another squirrel-like tendency where I hide things in places so strange I figure I would definitely remember it, and that I would be the only one able to find it. And then I forget where they are. I still don’t know where my retainers are to this day.
24. I was tricked into going to Cambodia under the guise of a long winter break trip. The true purpose of the trip is a longer story. I’ll write it into a memoir or something. You can ask me for a summary if you like. That might motivate me to write it.
25. I once used a computer without a mouse for almost 3 months. It’s possible.
And then I had to use my computer without a keyboard for almost 3 weeks.
That’s also possible.
You appreciate both so much more after that.
Current Location: In my old house in Westminster
Current Mood: hungry
Current Music: My "family"
January 24th, 2009
|03:23 am - LJ Layouts....|
So, LJ being open-source and all....
Can anyone help me with layouts?
I want to make a separate LJ for when I go to Japan
and revamp this one too.
New Year Resolution #1: Blog consistently
And yes, my sleep cycle is getting more out of whack as the days go by.
Come March, perhaps I'll be on Japan time and skip the whole jet lag thing.
Current Location: on the other side of the bed
Current Mood: awake
Current Music: an oldie I don't know the name of but all of the words instead
January 19th, 2009
|09:53 am - Dream 01.19.08|
( ChaseCollapse )
Current Location: My sister's bed
Current Music: my dog sleeping
January 17th, 2009
|05:56 pm - Loose Thread on String of Dreams|
I was in an electric wheelchair, on the run from George W. Bush for pushing a Panic Button by mistake.
In a library.
I went to the fourth floor, but then I realized it was full of government offices and that he could be around any corner.
It was frustrating, how slow my wheelchair was.
I turned to the nearest elevator, which was hidden in a corner.
It was marked "Performance Elevator."
There was only one call button to go down.
I got in and descended.
But then I realized the elevator was going too fast.
I was free falling.
The lights dimmed.
And then I was shot out into a dumpster in the basement.
Current Mood: confused
|10:09 am - String of Dreams|
Weird weird dreams last night
somehow triggered other dreams from the past.
Riding a bus to the far side of town.
seeing myself from someone else's body
My own face surprised at me
during a chance meeting at a restaurant.
In a room that used to be mine
dark in dawn
looking through shoes I've never seen in real life
but are strangely familiar anyways.
A knock at the door.
A blonde lady tries to barge in
She's after something.
I push the door close as she claws at me
bolting it lock
but it won't last long.
I jump from the window.
The room had a 360 degree view of a city painted on the walls.
It was from pictures I had taken before.
I remember going there in another dream.
Down crisscrossed and vertical highways
getting dropped off at a movie theater/mall
that is dark and full of narrow passageways.
Watching a movie in a dark red velvet theater.
Going to a dimly lit pet store
that was jungle-like but barren.
And in another dream
walking around the business center
high skyscrapers with auto-repair garages on the first floor
Streetlights flashing green and red
but no cars.
And in another dream
walking down near empty roads
of an amusement park/water park/zoo
everyone had gathered at one spectacle:
a car show.
I had driven one of the cars there:
a bright yellow mustang convertible.
Everyone else was at the local gingerhouse pub
complete with icing trim and a white picket fence
but I don't think I was ever allowed inside.
And then another dream
where I was walking along a broad white boardwalk
at high noon
looking at huge cannons and lighthouses and watchtowers
And then another dream
walking with my family by a huge flat fountain
as long and wide as the building beside it
everything the color of sand in red sunset.
Hedges and lawns and tall narrow pines in on the other side.
Which brings me back to last night's dream.
A small house, cottage-like.
With a wild green garden.
People had gathered here, but it was a secret
from the aristocratic neighbors.
We were assembling a coup.
Our other neighbors comprised of a Buddhist temple
and a church on the other side.
We were on a steep hill, somewhere in San Francisco.
On the way back to the house
I saw a father take his daughter on a skateboard
and luge down the hill.
And then a car attacked our block
with.... water balloon bombs?
And then I kissed a shadow.
Current Location: Ake's house
Current Mood: contemplative
Current Music: Computer fights