February 22nd, 2009
|04:40 pm - High School Meme|
Because I was tagged. Although seems kinda pointless since a lot of my answers will be similar to others. I tried to add more information here and there.
IN YOUR SENIOR YEAR DID YOU...
1. Did you date someone from your school?
Yes, still do <3
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
3. Did you car pool to school?
Usually my dad's girlfriend (at the time) drove the 30-minute commute every morning. She only took surface street because she was deathly afraid of the freeway. I don't know what she did after dropping me off. Sometimes it would be my dad in his Maytag store van, usually running late because he had errands to do beforehand. I spent the commute doing homework at the last minute.
4. What kind of car did you have?
If I ever needed to go somewhere other than school, 90% of the time I would have to take buses and walk there. I was the master of the OCTA system back in those days.
Sometimes I got my full $3.00 out of a day pass: 4 hours to Irvine and 2 hours to Brea.
Other times I didn't: Walking through deserted business parks at 9am on Saturdays and chasing buses for 5 blocks in Tustin at dusk on Fridays. Good times.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
Still don't have a car.
Still taking public transportation.
Still not seeing any immediate future need of a car.
6. Its Saturday night...where are you now?
If I was at Berkeley? Having dinner with my housemates.
As of now, watching movies with my boyfriend. :)
7. It is Saturday night...where were you then?
On the Internet. Probably watching anime or Arashi.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Every summer I was an intern at Hirsch Pipe & Supply (a plumbing warehouse) in the Human Resources department under my sister. The summer before coming to Berkeley I took my mother's shift at a Chinese restaurant.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
Before I quit to go abroad, I had 3 jobs:
1. Department mail courier and student assistant to the Human Resources Manager of the Institute of East Asian Studies.
2. Worked in retail at Bear Basics, usually buried in the backstock
3. House Manager at my co-op
10. Were you a party animal?
I always tried to be lively.
11. Were you considered a flirt?
The concept of straight single guys was rare.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
I was in the Chamber Orchestra playing viola for two years.
And then I realized I had no real interest in music and switched to Creative Writing.
The year after I switched the Orchestra went to Carnegie Hall to perform one of the last major pieces I played in.
How ironic. I wouldn't have been able to afford the trip anyways.
13. Were you a nerd?
Following the common social stereotype of one, yes. I was president of an Anime Club. My crushes were anime characters. A Japanese boy band was my best friend. It didn't hinder me from fitting in though.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
I didn't see much reason to
15. Can you sing the fight song?
It was non-existent. What kind of school fights?
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
Mrs. Todd, Mrs. Karlberg, Ms. Combs (I took like 4 of her conservatory classes)
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
On a concrete square by the totem pole of life, sometimes tables by the tech lab, and then by the front steps of Symphony Hall
18. What was your school's full name?
Orange County High School of the Arts (OCHSA)
19. When did you graduate?
Class of 2006
20. What was your school mascot?
We had a contest for mascot ideas and in the end a student named Dennis won all the votes. Since you can't exactly market a student, the mascot thing was dropped. I always thought the totem pole would've been a good candidate though.
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Sure, why not.
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
The dance floor was in a poorly ventilated basement and was so unbearably sauna-like that we danced in the stairwell. Otherwise, it was fun.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
We have reunions? Sure, if I'm in the area.
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Quite a few
26. School Color?
Blue and gold. Just like Cal. :)
27. Were you voted anything in your high school year book?
Current Location: Locked up in my sister's room
Current Mood: natsukashii
Current Music: Touch by Younha